Content creators of all experience levels can raise the production values of their videos, interviews, and streaming with the DJI Mic 2, an easy-to-use, truly wireless digital microphone/recorder system that offers vivid audio quality while supplying all the elements needed to capture audio from your subject to a DSLR/mirrorless camera or iOS/Android smartphone. The system records clear and reliable audio at up to 820′ via a miniature clip-on omnidirectional mics/transmitters, which double as backup recorders for worry-free wireless. The tiny receiver can either be mounted on a DSLR camera or plugged directly into the Lightning/USB port of a smartphone or laptop. Simply complete the initial setup and you can be ready to record quality audio in seconds.
The new iteration of the Mic 2 features updated transmitter units with 2.4 GHz digital wireless and Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth allows you to connect the transmitters to your DJI Mimo app via iOS or Android device. You can even connect directly to your Osmo Pocket 3 or Osmo Action 4 camera. Toggle different settings via the Mimo app like intelligent noise cancellation, which reduces environmental noise for improved vocal capture or 32-bit float audio recording.
Wearable and Portable Microphones
- For a truly wireless experience, conveniently attach the transmitters to whatever you’re wearing via the integrated back clips (or by using the clip magnets) without having to wire yourself or your talent.
- You can also hold the transmitters in your hand and use them as handheld microphones. Use the transmitters as a lavalier mic (no need for a separate mic), or operate them as traditional bodypack transmitters by plugging external lav mics (available separately).
- The built-in mics feature an omnidirectional pickup pattern that ensure reliable speech capture, even if mic placement is less than ideal; your subject’s voice is captured with clarity, intelligibility, and consistency.
- Two furry windscreens are provided to effectively suppress wind noise while still recording clear sound.
- Enjoy 6 hours of battery life on each component for 18 hours of recording in total.
High-Quality Audio with Flexibility for Postproduction
- DJI Mic 2 allows you to record high-fidelity, professional audio by accurately reproducing tone across a wide frequency range. To ensure that you are capturing a clean signal, you can monitor your sound via the receiver’s 3.5mm headphone output while recording.
- The Safety Track mode enables you to record a secondary audio track (in mono) as a backup with a lower volume of -6 dB (different from the main audio track), helping to safeguard your audio in case of unforeseen level spikes.
Built-In Recorder and Safety Track
- The transmitters have onboard recording capabilities with 8GB of storage for up to 14 hours of 48 kHz 24-bit backup recording. This allows you to record audio directly to the transmitters as a backup in case of wireless interference and dropouts. You can also use the transmitters as standalone recorders.
- Files are in 48 kHz/24-bit mono WAV format and can be transferred to your computer via the USB-C cable. Toggle 32-bit float recording via Mimo app.
Reliable and Secure Wireless with Encryption
- The DJI Mic 2 is capable of recording crisp audio at distances of up to 820′ using DJI’s encryption technology for secure communications.
- The optimized wireless transmission system ensures a stable and reliable stream of audio, even in busy areas, such as train stations, shopping malls, and offices.
- The system avoids interference from TV and radio waves by operating in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
Easy to Operate
- The receiver features both a built-in, expanded OLED touchscreen and onboard dial for easy configuration.
- View and adjust volume, gain, and channels to find the perfect settings of your surroundings. Battery life, recording status, and wireless signal strength are also displayed.
- An internal motor sends clear haptic feedback during key operations like powering on or off, internal recording, muting and unmuting, and noise cancellation activation or deactivation.
If you want to use the DJI Mic 2 with a smartphone, just insert either the Lightning or USB-C adapter into the expansion port at the bottom of the receiver and connect it to your phone and start shooting. These adapters support stereo audio playback without needing to unplug the receiver. Use the 3.5mm TRS cable to connect the camera’s 3.5mm mic connector to the receiver’s 3.5mm audio-output connector and start filming on your camera. The 3.5mm adapter supports automatic power on/off in sync with the power status of your camera.