Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Overview
Around Town with the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 Art Lens for Mirrorless Cameras
Fast Aperture Wide Angle to Portrait-Length Lens
As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications. It features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture that is well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides greater control over depth of field when using shallow depth of field techniques.
Full-Frame and APS-C Compatible Autofocus Lens
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C-format models, where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
Sophisticated Optical Design
- Six F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous Coatings have been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
Close Focus with Pleasing Bokeh
- At the wide-angle end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 7.1″ is possible with a maximum magnification of 1:2.9 to suit working with close-up subjects.
- At the telephoto end, the minimum focusing distance is 1.25′ with a maximum magnification of 1:4.5.
- The rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated AF-L button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a dedicated AF/MF switch and a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Integrated stepping motor achieves quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- A chrome-plated brass bayonet lens mount affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- Rubber seals are incorporated in the mount’s design to render it dust- and splash-resistant, making it ready to create images even on location in harsh environments.